The Chemicals and Minerals Category Team currently has an opening for a Sourcing Initiatives Manager, based in Houston, Texas. The position requires an experienced, motivated and innovative sourcing manager that knows how to be on the winning side of a negotiation.Essential Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies across a broad set of specialty and commodity chemical families.
- Negotiate and manage contracts, commercial and supply positions for raw materials and finished products.
- Lead End-to-End sourcing operations to meet business demand.
- Work with regional teams in low cost countries to identify opportunities to lower Total Delivered Cost (TDC).
- Communicate with Sales and Ops teams to understand current and future demand.
- Assist in developing global sourcing strategies to mitigate headwinds and improve security of supply.
- Thorough understanding of S&OP process, including supply forecasting.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of market dynamics and commodity outlook. Analyze data and business intelligence to identify and exploit trends in the market.
- Manage supplier relationships and develop strategic partnerships
- Communicate KPI's strategies and results leadership teams as required.
- Responsible for financial performance of raw material categories.
- Work closely with HSE & Quality teams to manage RM and supplier quality and compliance.
- Propose and implements mature sourcing policies
- Handle special projects as assigned
- Lead and coach cross-functional and tactical support teams
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing, Business or related discipline
- Strong knowledge of supply chain and sourcing principles
- Candidates having the ability to demonstrate sound business ethics and consistency with principles, values, and behavior
- Minimum 5 years of Sourcing/Procurement experience
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate commercial aspects with suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage supplier relationships and long-term partnerships
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
- Experience with SAP - Supply Chain / Finance modules
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to interact with and influence all levels of the organization
- Experience in Chemical Sourcing
- Detailed knowledge of sourced commodities, suppliers, and market trends
- Exceptional analytical, project management, negotiation, facilitation, and customer service skills
- Excellent communication, organization, problem solving, and planning skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including use of modeling and database functionality in Excel. Knowledge of SAP
- Thorough knowledge of Master Supply Agreement(MSA) content and structure, including, but not limited to, legal terms and conditions, transportation INCO terms, payment terms, SOX compliance, and, import and export regulations
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more