Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Geismar, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Senior Finance Advisor's objectives are to provide financial analysis and controllership service to the manufacturing facility, to act as the focal point for operating cost reporting and reviews, to support Downstream Manufacturing's drive towards process standardization via active participation in Finance initiatives, to participate on Downstream Manufacturing Finance networks, and to identify and embed best practices from other Shell facilities to maximize the benefits of integrated financial and management information systems.
- Lead role in providing guidance and support for the coordination of the annual Business Plan and quarterly Latest Estimate processes for the site.
- Work with site customers to enable the provision of accurate, timely, relevant commentary to stakeholders outside the site.
- Support and guide local operational teams to enable appropriate management of fixed and variable manufacturing costs through active communication and participation in routine meetings.
- Use financial reports and tools to identify and drive implementation of performance improvement opportunities for across-site expenses.
- Finance focal point for the cost completeness process at the site.
- Work stream lead for the Non-Energy Cash Cost work stream.
- Working knowledge of SOX controls impacting departmental and site wide activities.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP, IFRS, and Chemicals accounting standards impacting fixed and variable cost accounting in GSAP and Chemist (Chemicals management information system).
- Participate in Manufacturing Finance global and/or regional networks.
- Liaise with colleagues around the world to understand how our work processes compare with those of other sites.
- Aggressively adopt best practices with special attention to learning from others.
- Provide support to the Finance Manager.
- Support to Contract Holders/Owners for 3rd party spend analysis.
- Help coordinate activities between Manilla, Chennai, commercial and site finance staff to deliver finance responsibilities to business effectively and efficiently.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
- Strong analytical skills, i.e. experience with account analysis, which includes fully understanding balances and the process around the accounts; ability to identify linkages and cause/effect.
- Proactive attitude with excellent communication and interpersonal skills is highly desirable, i.e. leadership in resolving issue.
- Continuous improvement mindset and ability to make process improvement recommendations. Ability to lead the implementation of process improvements.
- Ability to work across cultures and time zones
- Waste elimination/LEAN mindset.
- Competent user of standard IT applications including SAP, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video