Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Seeking a Senior External Affairs Representative with strong writing skills and media relations/crisis communications experience. Must be detail oriented and capable of managing multiple projects concurrently, producing accurate/quality work in a time-sensitive environment. Self-starter, resourceful, team player who accepts the responsibility of being on call 24-7 on a rotating basis.
- Establish and implement external and internal communications strategies that support Halliburton and align with the Company's brand positioning around key initiatives.
- Develop corporate messaging for press releases, bylined articles, media pitches, external interview talking points, internal newsletters, etc.
- Identify creative and innovative ways to convey the Halliburton story to both internal and external audiences
- Establish ongoing media relationships with targeted publications.
- Field media inquiries and vet/manage interview requests for the Company.
- Produce content for proactive media relations, speaking opportunities, social media posts, presentations, communications campaigns, and video scripts.
- Serve on the Halliburton crisis communications management team, rotating on-call duties and available to travel on short notice if needed.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Journalism, Communications or related field required.
- 2-5 years of experience in public relations, which includes experience in a corporate setting.
- 3-5 years of agency or corporate media relations experience.
- Portfolio of writing samples that includes press releases, media advisories, fact sheets and media talking points.
- Knowledgeable of and accustomed to following the Associated Press Stylebook.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 78919
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Legal
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.