Skills: Contracts Administration
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Under general supervision, responsible for facilitating continuous improvement work sessions, that lead teams through rapid improvement events to address strategic projects or value stream initiatives.
- Executes analytical approaches and applies proven structured process improvement techniques in support of overall workshop or production cell.
- Leads efforts for establishing and sustaining improvement processes supporting a frontline leader and the associated work group.
- Leads small teams to address local Hoshin projects or issues.
- Provides a structured process to align the goals of the company (Strategy), with business' (PSLs, functional groups, geographies) plans (Breakthrough Objectives/Tactics) and the work performed in operations (Action).
- Optimizes processes using understood and deployed Continuous Improvement (Lean) fundamentals within a work cell for efficiency and customer satisfaction. Lean is defined as a philosophy of creating a work culture that empowers individuals to relentlessly pursue waste elimination driving continuous improvement and maximizing customer value.
- Supports value-added idea generation throughout the work cell/work group at Gemba (The place where real action occurs and where the value-added activities take place. A philosophy that reminds management to go and see the needs and support the work where it happens) to promote a Continuous Improvement (Lean) culture.
- Trains groups to promote a Continuous Improvement (Lean) culture and develop Continuous Improvement (Lean) competencies.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering or similar discipline required.
- 3 years' experience in operations, manufacturing, or quality.
- The ability to partner with and influence senior level leadership.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and /or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available Continuous Improvement Specialist up to a Sr. Continuous Improvement Specialist.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
14524 Heathrow Forrest Pkwy, Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 79114
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.