Looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Specialist to operate and program CNC machines, manage production routings, partner with Requisition Engineering, and develop manufacturing methods to contribute to key site objectives.Essential Responsibilities:
In the role of Manufacturing Engineering Specialist, you will:
- Program and operate CNC machines along with manual machines to produce components to Engineering drawings and specifications
- Create and maintain production routings for new components, subassemblies, and assemblies to enable Requisition Engineering On-Time Delivery to the Supply Chain in a way that enables fulfillment to the customer through accurate planning windows and processing time estimates.
- Partner with Requisition Engineering to monitor and enhance accuracy of automatically configured production routings, and provide input to Req. Engineering to increase autoconfiguration coverage for greater product variation
- Develop manufacturing methods with the Manufacturing Engineering team to publish and maintain controlled Work Instructions
- Provide project assistance to the Manufacturing Engineering team on as-needed basis to drive improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost objectives
- Associate's Degree in Manufacturing from an accredited college or university (OR High School diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution and a minimum 7 years of manufacturing engineering and/or Machining experience including but not limited to turning and milling including minimum 5 years of CNC programming experience)
- Minimum 5 years of Machining experience including but not limited to turning and milling
- Minimum 5 years of CNC programming experience
- Read and understand manufacturing drawings of mechanical components and assemblies
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Able to do constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
- Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as
- Lift objects weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
- Minimum 10 years of Machining experience including but not limited to turning and milling
- Knowledge of assembly and test processes
- Knowledge of CNC programming
- Knowledge of machining processes
- Knowledge of welding processes and standards
- Knowledge of SAP ERP system or similar
- Prior work experience in manufacturing industry
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes such as casting, machining, welding, cutting etc.
- Expertise in production methodologies and routings
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more