As a Staff Software Engineer, you will drive the Technology Selection/Tools for Build Automation, DB Modeling and Administration, Define Algorithms for Software performance Improvement, UX/UI tool selection and Design for offshore data collection equipment. Utilize experience or expertise to lead technical efforts to advance UX/UI experience to meet short-term and some long-term business goals. Essential Responsibilities:
- Build UI, Reports, Data Models, Abstract Physical Data Model to Connect/Migrate Legacy System Data with Commercial Data Base/Cloud Systems.
- Develop Code for Software Update Manager (Selling Software as a Service from Cloud).
- Build Frameworks for Developing High Performance SCADA/Drilling/Big Data Mining/RM&D UI Applications.
- Define API's, Provide Interfaces and Tools for Data Consolidation and Visualization for Wide Suite of Asset Management, Process Management and Documentation Teams to be able to Consolidate Information in the Common Data Cloud.
- Define the Software Process, Define Standard Tools for Software Management, and Identify Tools for Software Performance Improvement for Framework build on OSGi Architecture (Deploy, Start, Stop Software Framework, Drivers and Applications in Run Time and Remotely).
- Develop Automation tools to manage Code Development and help improve the quality of the code.
- Work directly with customers and ensure effective communication of progress and results
- Collaborate with other functions such as manufacturing, sourcing, field service and project management to solve problems
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Controls/Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 10 Years' Experience in Designing Build Automation Tools, Develop Algorithms to Improve Software Performance, Identify Tools for UX/UI, Manage and Administer DB, Big Data Analytics.
- Software experience working with JBOSS, Eclipse, Swing/SWT, LabView, Bitrock, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Blackduck, Sonar, Data Compression and Security, Network Protocols, Web Technologies
- Prior software development for oilfield products or systems
- Demonstrated UX/UI portfolio
- Experience with visualizing real time data or large data sets
- Proven troubleshooting and communication experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication / organization / presentation skills
- Ability to make data-based recommendations and decisions
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Experience working with field data and information
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more