Baker Hughes has an opening for an Area Sales Manager (ASM) for the OK, MO, KS, AR, & Panhandle of TX.
The ASM will focus on managing existing water treatment applications, while developing and closing new sales opportunities within the power and petrochemical markets.
The ASM position is a strategic managerial and customer interfacing member of the BH sales team, which will require effective collaboration to achieve yearly objectives.
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization.
BH is searching for a candidate who is a self-starter, driven, highly competitive, and results-oriented.
Safety is a core value that the candidate must demonstrate daily, while efficiently executing their work activates within and outside of our customer's facilities.
The position will require 50 - 60% travel time. Essential Responsibilities:
- Proven track record in water treatment sales into industrial, power, petrochemical markets, with some focus on refinery market segments
- Capability of managing direct reports
- Routinely review KPI performance with customer Key Stakeholders & Leadership
- Cultivate strong relationships with customer Key Stakeholders & Leadership
- Provide technical support for chemical treatment programs in a timely manner
- Ability to engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data, and communicating findings
- Maintains existing customer base by providing world-class customer service through the implementation of best practices
- Develop collaborative business relationships with existing customers and potential business partners
- Implements effective marketing plans to develop new business and acquire new customers
- Interfaces across the internal organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering / Engineering / Science Degree
- 5 years' industrial experience
- 5+ years' experience with chemical treatment programs
- Results driven leadership that is focused on achieving innovative, continuous, and measureable sales results
- Experience managing sales prospects and sales personnel
- Working knowledge of industrial water treatment systems & programs
- Demonstrates strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Comprehensive understanding of customer requirements for water treatment in the industrial, power, and petrochemical markets
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc...)
- Commitment to safety, customer service, quality, and team environment
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug & Alcohol Testing Regulations
- Clean driving record
- Ability to analyze financial information
- Chemical sales and support experience
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships with customers
- 10 years of power, petrochemical, industrial plant or refinery water treatment experience
- Knowledge of how to design, install, and monitor chemical treatment programs
- Experience handling hazardous materials
- Ability to obtain a TWIC card
- Experience working with pumps, generators, hoses and fittings
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more