Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Mechanical/Piping Designer position is responsible for overseeing the Eagle Ford asset's mechanical drawing program with emphasis on preparing construction quality drawings (P&IDs, Plot Plans, Plans and Elevations, and layouts, isometric drawings), supervision and conduct of modeling in AutoCAD 3D/Plant 3D, fulfilling standards of drafting, and assuring proper configuration control of existing and new drawings.
The Mechanical/Piping Designer position accomplishes these tasks by receiving guidance from the Operations Support Engineering Supervisor for assignments, assuring all drawings produced follow Marathon Drafting Standards, and producing his own share of AutoCAD drawings required for construction projects. The applicant must be able to work closely with field engineers in order to create accurate Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (PIDs), provide accurate plot plans for equipment placement, conduct 3D modeling in AutoCAD and Plant 3D, and to provide the basis for isometric drawings, Bills of Material, Line Lists, Instrument Lists, and Equipment Lists.
The position will include engineering technical support to construction, operations and maintenance, and accurate documentation of designs after construction (as built drawings). The position will be located in Houston, TX and will report to the Operations Support Engineering Supervisor.
- Provide daily engineering support to Facility Engineers for assigned projects:
- Produce Issued for Review, Issued for Construction, and As Built quality drawings to support ongoing projects.
- Create accurate Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (PIDs), provide accurate plot plans for equipment placement, conduct 3D modeling in AutoCAD and Plant 3D, and provide the basis for isometric drawings, Bills of Material, Line Lists, Instrument Lists, and Equipment Lists.
- Provide support to maintain, advise, recommend and ensure updates to Drafting Standards to parent organization.
- Provide support and guidance when third party resources are brought in to perform jobs within the asset.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Mechanical or Piping Design, or equivalent engineering certification required.
- 10 + years of Mechanical or Piping Design experience in oil and gas or chemical industries required
- Excellent oral and written communications, teamwork, planning & organizational skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products including: Outlook, Word, Excel. Proficiency in AutoCAD 3D and Plant 3D software required. Modeling experience in either software is required.
- 20% travel to field office locations South East of San Antonio, additional travel may be required as project load dictates
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Other Corporate Functions || Not Applicable || || 30140 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.