Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Contracts Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Oslo, Oslo, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Commercial Proposals Engineer is the primary technical and commercial resource supporting sales to bid custom product inquiries.
In this role you will solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and long-term business goals.
Essential Responsibilities:The Commercial Proposals Engineer must have technical and commercial awareness. Demonstrates strong ability in executing business goals, programs, and processes. Communicate important market and customer trends back to the business as input for business strategy and product development. Design (process, mechanical, electrical) of custom solutions for customer specific applications, providing complete technical and commercial offering. Provide cross functional technical and commercial expertise.
• Technical/Engineering ability to develop technical and commercial solutions from customer specifications.
• Strong commercial and pricing awareness.
• Make presentations, both internal and external, on behalf of the product line.
• Manage and negotiate commercial and contractual risk within the Inquiry to Order (ITO) process.
• Communicate requirements for order fulfillment.
• Direct customer management through clear communication internally and externally.
• Document competitors' activities and assess potential market moves.
• Review and influence customer specifications to assure compliance and/or noted exceptions for development of equipment and service quotations.
• Contribute positively to regional sales, orders, profitability, and ITO (Inquiry to Order) goals.
• Gather industry intelligence to inform business decision-making.Qualifications/Requirements:• Recognised Third Level Qualification in Engineering.
• Proven relevant post-graduate experience.
Desired Characteristics:• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Process/ Instrumentation/Manufacturing) preferred.
• Strong Commercial experience.
• Good presentation skills.
• Strong creative problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Strong customer orientation.
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Strong computer skills including; Microsoft Office products, ACAD.
• Previous experience of ERP system (Oracle, SAP).
• Previous experience of instrumentation equipment.
• Previous experience of subsea industry.
• Previous experience of pressure instruments
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more