Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:Reporting to the Process & Pipeline Services (PPS) Engineering Leader, this role will be the technical authority for all Pipeline In-Line Inspection (ILI) related mechanical and electronics engineering activities. This role has a flexible location and can be based in Stutensee (Germany), Calgary (Canada) or Cramlington (UK)
- To fulfil the role of design chair on design reviews, specifically to be the technical authority approving or rejecting design reviews as well as guiding the project team on technical issues and technical risk mitigation
- To review and approve engineering work outside of design reviews as required by policy and procedure
- To define, author and/or review policy, procedure and, specifically, design standards (practices) and related processes
- To benchmark the technology domain & champion advancements in state of the art technology. To contribute to the technology roadmaps.
- To advise the engineering team and broader business on engineering matters
- To assign authority to perform reviews and approval of engineering work
- To develop the engineering knowledge of the team by advising on training and other learning needs and opportunities as well as by directly mentoring individuals
- To engage with and represent PPS with 3rd parties including industry bodies & clients
- Author and reviews technical publications
- Contributor to the management of intellectual property
- Degree qualified, in a relevant technical discipline (mechanical and/or electronics engineering or related discipline)
- Deep domain knowledge & extensive product development experience in ILI technology (MFL &/or Ultrasonics/EMAT) in mechanical and/or electronics engineering. A minimum of moderate domain knowledge in the other of mechanical or electronics engineering.
- Working knowledge of other ILI domains including inspection/sensing technology (physics), data science and software
- A track record of a leading role in the development of successful new product developments.
- A track record of producing high quality documentation such as policies, procedures and/or designs standards
- A track record in developing technical talent with skills in mentoring & imparting knowledge to others
- Excellent organisational skills, project management experience is preferred
- Track record in interacting & networking effectively with multiple stakeholders internally and externally to the organisation
- Excellent communication & presentation skills. A track record of publication and presentations is preferable
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more