Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
He/She reports directly to INM Legal Counsel
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assists INM Legal Counsel in advising India Management and actively involved in India business plans, growth strategies and operations as part of the INM Legal Team.
- Conduct research as requested by other members of the INM Legal team in ensuring compliance with all the applicable laws.
- Handles pre -contractual disputes.
- Take a leading role in litigation management along with liaising with external counsels
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates legal and commercial documents
- Effectively interacts with other India support functions and departments ensuring involvement in matters that may give rise to legal exposure.
- Assists in providing guidance and assistance to ensure all operations and business activities related to India are carried out in compliance with local laws and regulations and the Schlumberger Code of Conduct.
- Assists in the provision of legal and compliance training for operations, other functions and Management in India.
- Assists, develops and implements specific procedures, guidelines, workflows and templates.
- Elevates key issues to management in a timely manner.
- Participates in assigned Legal Department Management strategic initiatives.
- Must become familiar with and use all Schlumberger Legal Department systems and tools and contribute to the Legal Knowledge Management System and Law Hub and assists with the maintenance and content update of the Legal webpages
Qualifications & Experience:
- Legal degree (LL. B/ LL.M) with at least 3-5 years post qualification experience, with a focus on Dispute Resolution
- Bar admission
- Exceptional academic scores
- Law firm or in-house background or both. If private practice, needs to be "solution-oriented" and the kind of person who goes after business and does not wait for it to appear in his/her in basket. Should have a strong litigation/ dispute settlement background in either role. Should have exceptional drafting and analytical skills.
- Applicants must be fluent in English and Hindi or a regional language.
- An ability to work within a team in an open-plan and dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work on multi-jurisdictional matters
- Must display an aptitude for following processes and attention to detail;
- Technologically literate and comfortable with basic Powerpoint, MS Word and Excel.
- A willingness to invest time to understand Schlumberger's business and the culture
- Willing and able to travel when required.
- Must be business oriented and willing to strive to find creative and pragmatic solutions to the legal and contractual challenges faced by the Schlumberger business whilst at the same time being mindful of the need to protect the company's wider legal interests
- Must be able to work under pressure, responding to operational requirements on a timely basis, including, when necessary, outside of normal working hours and while traveling
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. We have more than 20 years of experience in delivering world-class service to our customers through integrated projects. These projects range from basic service coordination through to complete development and abandonment of fields. To meet the growing needs of our business we are encouraging applications from experienced professionals who share our passion for delivering excellence in all aspects of project delivery.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.