Targa is looking for a qualified individual who can manage DOT gas and hazardous liquid pipeline compliance specialist. Candidate will oversee operations of pipeline compliance personnel located in field offices across Targa that are responsible for pipeline compliance functions. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFACTIONS:
- Provide leadership in managing DOT pipeline compliance field personnel and ensure they have the resources and training necessary to fulfill their job obligations
- Develop and maintain internal pipeline compliance auditing program.
- Provide guidance to field personnel in sound auditing practices.
- Manage program/system implementation required to demonstrate the DOT compliance meets regulatory requirements per 49 CFR 192 & 195.
- Stay current with changes to federal and state DOT regulations.
- Assist with development & maintenance of procedure training program
- Oversee external auditing
- Compose responses for auditing issues
- Establish and maintain relationships with auditing agencies
- Develop interpretations of pipeline regulations for Targa
- Monitor and suggest improvements to processes and systems that drive pipeline compliance
- Manage operations & maintenance manuals
- Manage emergency response plans
- Manage sour gas plans
- Other duties as necessary
- PSMS development and implementation
- Ability to communicate with many different departments and third party vendors (Operations, Engineering, Construction, Compliance, EHS, Legal, etc.)
- Must have excellent understanding of 49 CFR 192 and 49 CFR 195
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate level desktop computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside the company (regulatory agencies, contractors, consultants)
- Provide regular feedback to your staff on their performance. Coach and support operations, maintenance and engineering staff on how to be strong leaders in pipeline compliance
- Participate in company advocacy efforts
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise excellent judgment and common sense
- A Bachelor's of Science (4 year) degree required, Engineering preferred
- 10 years of pipeline compliance experience (49 CFR 192 & 195)
- Supervisory experience preferred
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Travel up to 25%
- Must be able to lift 40lbs.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.