Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Field Service Tech
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Position works with Sales Account Representatives on executing service plans in strategic Company accounts. Involves the completion of agreed upon contractual services in the assigned accounts, and providing customers with problem solving support. Responsible for assisting Sales Account Representatives with startups of both new applications at current customers, and in transitioning competitively-held accounts to the Company. The position actively installs, maintains, and calibrates chemical feed equipment and process monitoring equipment at multiple customer locations.
Essential Job Functions
- Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training; demonstrates commitment to and support of EH&S principles and values; champions safety as necessary
- Performs other duties assigned by management that fall within the generally expected scope of this position
- Provides routine service support to Sales Account Representatives in strategic accounts to execute agreed upon customer system assurance plans
- Assists Sales Account Representatives with start-ups of new applications in both existing customers and in new accounts
- Provides technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer pain points, escalating as required
- Services new and existing values and provides specialized sealants to pipeline equipment.
- Provides actuator services ranging from maintenance to full repairs on existing and new equipment.
- 3+ years experience in valve/actuator
- 50% overnight travel required to support assigned customer accounts
- Must have a strong, demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Must have a valid Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Must be able to lift/carry 75 pounds Able to use basic and specialized pipeline valve, pressurized equipment and maintenance tools.
- Knowledge of wellheads, valves and actuator maintenance and emergency sealants is helpful
- Strong English communication and reading skills; listening skills; eager to learn, punctual, works well with limited supervision; problem solving; decision making; critical thinking
HS Diploma Associate Degree or Trade School Certification preferred
All Company Core Competencies as well as the following job specific competencies:
- Customer Focus
It is KMG's policy to employ and administer employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of Vietnam Era and in accordance with federal and state civil rights laws.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This employee may work in an environment with extremes of cold or heat and exposure to noise and vibrations other than normal daily office sounds. The employee may have exposure to fumes, odors, toxic conditions, dust or poor ventilation. Manufacturing type of environment in addition to on-site services locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, speak and hear. The employee is required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; the employee may be required, on occasion, to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to seventy-five (75) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to travel by car. At least 50% required travel within North America and internationally. A valid driver's license and travel documentation (ex. passport) are required. A successful completion of a background and drug test are required.