Kuwait City, Kuwait
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Skills: Geophysicist, Geoscientist
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuwait City, Kuwait
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
COMPANY: INTERNATIONAL OIL& GAS COMPANY WITH GLOBAL E&P ASSETS
Senior Specialist Exploration Geophysicist - Business Development
Due to expansion in activities and recent asset acquisitions, an International Oil & Gas Company is seeking to resource an experienced Senior Specialist Exploration Geophysicist who will be based in Kuwait and assigned to the Business Development function.
Summary of Role:
- The Appointee will provide geophysical expertise in terms of analyzing, interpreting and integrating data to build / assess models;
- Co-ordinate with the Exploration team members to manage the evaluation, exploration and exploitation of Business Development Opportunities;
- Assist Business Development team members for evaluation of new projects / assets in the region and to provide the assistance to the other regions/area offices as and when required;
- Coordinate closely with the Team Leader - Exploration to ensure to the maximum extent possible, that required technical evaluations and approvals are delivered in a timely manner so that Business Development project timelines are achieved;
- Assist with the implementation and documentation in the tendering and award process for third party technical advisors and in ensuring the Company's contractual obligations to third party technical advisors are met;
- Assist with company and third-party advisors multidiscipline technical teams in Physical Data Room visits or Digital Data Rooms reviews and subsequent reporting;
- Provide technical Geophysics leadership and support to the internal multi-discipline teams comprising petroleum engineers, reservoir engineers, petrophysicists, geologists, geophysicists, drilling engineers, facilities engineers and HSE specialists from head office and area offices during the technical evaluation and approval stages of business development opportunity project implementation and approval;
- In addition, supervise Geophysicists and ensure they perform assigned tasks effectively and efficiently and develop their competence on the job.
- Support the preparation of reports and presentations to the Leadership Committee and Company Board;
Required Experience / Qualifications
- University Bachelor or Master's Degree in Geophysics subject;
- Minimum 15 years' experience as Geophysicist in an operating E&P company, preferably with International Operator;
- 8 years experience in the evaluation of Business Development opportunities;
- Familiar with using Geological, Geophysical, Petrophysical and Engineering Data, along with experience in Seismic analysis, modelling and visualization software;
- Experienced in leading geophysics teams;
The appointee will be invited to join the expatriate staff payroll on long term residential contract (married or single status). The importance of this key role will be reflected in the generous salary and expatriate benefits which includes end of service benefit, child education assistance, accommodation to a high standard, medical cover for self and family, annual rewards schemes etc.
Interviews : As soon possible with candidate selection shortly taking place.
Please apply online via Rigzone Website to AMA Energy Management with a detailed copy of your CV in Microsoft Word format along with current day contact telephone number. Quote Ref: AD128 - Senior Specialist Exploration Geophysicist - Business Development