The Well Operations Supervisor - Projects role is to safely and efficiently manage well site operations to deliver these business objectives in full compliance with relevant legislation and Shell policies. Industry names for this rig based role include Company Man, or Operating Company Representative (OCR).
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
- Demonstrate leadership in safety behaviours and practices at the well site through active engagement with contractor's personnel, and the promotion of positive HSE attitudes and learning.
- Ensure safety has the highest priority and is at the forefront of well planning, execution and in discussions with all contractors and service providers
- Promote a high degree of HSSE awareness and best practices to achieve Goal Zero - No Harm and No Leaks. Shell - Goal Zero Our Approach
- Deliver continuous performance improvement by efficient management of site resources and use of best practices in delivery of the well programme.
- Ensure that all activities by site personnel are co-ordinated and in compliance with permit to work and management of change procedures.
- Build team spirit and morale through inclusive behaviour and respect for diversity.
- Role model and champion the Company's values and behaviours and provide clear leadership and direction with respect to the day to day operational activities.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.Requirements
Requirements for the role:
- High school education required. Technical College education desired.
- Unconventional Oil and Gas or CSG industry experience within drilling, workover / hoist, or rigless operations such as CTU or pressure pumping operations. Supervisory level is desirable.
- Solid leadership experience as a well site supervisor or Field Lead, with proven involvement in field planning and execution of daily operations.
- Excellent people skills and able to build a collaborative environment. Able to seek out and integrate a wide range of viewpoints. Comfortable working with uncertainties and competing priorities.
- Dedicated to coaching less experienced team members.
- International Well Control Forum (IWCF) Supervisory Level - mandatory.
- Working knowledge of EDM well operations reporting software or an equivalent system.
- Experience with CSG drilling, workover or abandonment operations.
- Experience in snubbing (engineering planning & operational) and/or artificial lift is desirable.
The role demands strong leadership skills and integrity. You will have demonstrated a natural leadership style with strong motivation and excellent communication skills at all levels. You will also require the capability to manage and resolve operational problems and to have a clear understanding of the objectives of the operation from a business perspective.
To be successful in the role you must lead from the front with solution based positive mindset, and demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills to be effective in this environment.
The role will be carried out on a 14/14 or 21/21 rotation with company provided transport from Brisbane, or locally from the Dalby-Chinchilla-Miles-Wandoan region.Disclaimer
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.