Skills: Ships Mate / Officer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Discoverer Inspiration, GOM, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Offshore Marine Group
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Assist the Chief Mate and 2nd Mate in exercising control over the rig's marine operations with due regard for safety of personnel, maintenance of rig equipment and protection of the environment
REPORTING: Reports to the 2nd Mate
PREREQUISITES / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education - Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates - Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills - Lifeboatman Certificate
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all navigation operations are carried out in accordance to Company policies and procedures - Authority I
- Operate dynamic positioning (DP) equipment under the direction of the 2nd Mate - Authority III
- Assist in maintaining the rig in a stable condition and at the correct draft and trim - Authority II
- Assist in the setup of the DP system operational parameters - ensure all DP system data are recorded - Authority II
- Assist in performing Preventive Maintenance on DP equipment - Authority II
- Assist with running and maintaining records for hydrophones and subsea beacons - Authority II
- Make regular use of the onboard simulator for training purposes, where available - Authority II
- Ensure there is adequate power and reserves of power for the maintenance of position and operations - give immediate attention to any problems - Authority II
- Ensure that all defects and anomalies are reported to the 2nd Mate or Chief Mate and relevant department heads. Maintain records of these and ensure they are corrected adequately - Authority I
-Understudy the 2nd Mate and deputize as required - Authority II
- Assist as required maintaining and carrying out PM's on all marine department equipment as per RMS and under the direction of the Chief Mate/Senior Mate - Authority I
- Incorporate the THINK process into all tasks, whether working alone or as part of a team - Authority I
- Participate in START process - Authority I
- Call a Time Out for Safety (TOFS) whenever an unplanned hazard or a change in the expected results is observed - Authority I
- Carry out assigned duties in a safe manner according to Company policies and procedures - Authority I
- Perform assigned duties during emergency situations and emergency protection responses as designated on the station bill - Authority II
- Ensure Company and regulatory requirements for environmental protection are complied with - Authority II
- Participate in the weekly meetings, FOCUS Improvement Program, and all other Company Safety Management Systems - Authority I
- Ensure a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping is maintained onboard the rig - Authority I
- Meet the training requirements according to the applicable training matrix - Authority I
- Participate fully in the annual performance appraisal process - Authority I
- Assist in training of crewmembers in fire fighting, safety and deck operations - Authority II
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.