Our company is currently in search of several talented Software Developers to help increase our dynamic, growing Development Teams in Delft (Zuid-Holland). With this position, you will join our Reservoir Navigation Services (Geosteering) organization and be working on our new product JewelSuite™ Real-Time Reservoir.Drill Better Wells when Geosteering.
The JewelSuite™ Real-Time Reservoir application is a dedicated fit-for-purpose tool that enables the quantitative analysis of reservoirs penetrated by a well while drilling in real-time to maximize recovery and production rates. Real-time reservoir intelligence while drilling.
If you're not drilling in the reservoir's most productive zones, you are compromising on recovery. The JewelSuite Real-Time Reservoir application enables you to take drilling operations to a new level by geologically analyzing transmitted logging-while-drilling (LWD) data to provide quantified information while drilling. JewelSuite empowers you to optimize drilling like never before by balancing quantified geological analysis with operational considerations when geo-steering.
A 3D model of the reservoir around a planned well is built to provide a base case. Subsequently, a real-time subsurface model is updated on-demand while drilling with new LWD data. Within minutes, a comparison is made between the real-time model penetrated by the actual wellbore and pre-well reservoir. Getting critical answers while drilling will lower operating risks, keep your well in the target zone and maximum your return on investment. You will help us deliver our products quickly and with high quality by
What are we looking for
- Taking ownership of the software development process
- Pro-actively contributing to continuously improve our code and development processes
- Being passionate about working in a product development environment
- Showing craftsmanship and being passionate about quality
- Being motivated by complex architecture and code
- Being passionate about helping our products to stay "future-proof"
- Adding value to the team through your knowledge and programming skills. With your team grow in achieving unique and outstanding performance
- Enjoying to learn from your motivated and skilled colleagues and in turn sharing your knowledge
- Not afraid to ask questions and excel in your profession
What's in it for you
- Bachelors' degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent with significant experience in software development
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Visual Studio and C#
- Thorough knowledge of software architecture, object oriented design, unit testing, and best practices (e.g.: SOLID, TDD, BDD etc.)
- Experience working with complex structures, multi-threading, design patterns
- Experience with Scrum/Agile software development
- Experience in technical or scientific software engineering is a plus
- Excellent English communications skills (verbal and written)
- Working in a multicultural and with multiple other teams in a project following Scrum/SAFe principles
- Working together with domain experts on exciting scientific software in the Oil & Gas domain
- Being part of a passionate community of development professionals
- Access to self-learning resources (e.g. PluralSight)
- Our commitment for the long run (by providing trainings, career growth, knowledge sharing)
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus program
- Healthcare allowance (€ 138,70 gross per month)
- 25 Vacation days, the year after (if not been ill) 5 days extra
- As part of our Continuous Improvement we are open for your idea
Delft, Zuid-Holland, The NetherlandsAbout us
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Learn more
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more