Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:Support Manufacturing operations by leverage the Sourcing/Procurement strategies, Purchasing, Materials planning and Manufacturing coordination with vendors for Bently & Control Solutions Cabinets, by using/interpreting appropriate support documentation, schematics, Manufacturing Process Instructions (MPIs), specifications, customer special instructions, Bills of Material (BOMs), in support of the Production Plan and Project requirements
Essential Responsibilities:• Member for the Projects Supply Chain Team.
• Manage master planning, material processes and systems.
• Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs.
• Optimize inventory and process improvements.
• To synchronize with Project Managers and Project Engineer for understand the project scope for planning BOM and purchasing.
• Interpret Mechanical, Electrical wiring diagram or project specification inputs from Engineering to vendors.
• To issue purchase order through SAP and follow the required QMS compliance process.
• To manage the Vendors for commitment in purchasing, On-time Delivery and performance validations.
• To process the Project BOM in SAP to convert PO and tracking all materials report weekly
• To coordinate Material receiving plan and distribute to vendors for assembly.
• To coordinate with the regional sourcing team on vendor approval and qualifications.
• Support QMS and other functional regulatory activities.
• Influence and communicate well with all levels of the organization.
• Should be able to understand, read drawings and interpret International standards such as IEC, CE, Environmental compliances.
• Follows best practice of sourcing strategies and communicate with regional offices to standardize the purchasing process/ prototype build materials.
• Interact with internal and external customers as needed.Qualifications/Requirements:• Technical University or College diploma/degree in Supply Chain management or Electrical/Mechanical engineering with a minimum of 3 years' experience in Materials procurement and purchasing support.
• Basic knowledge of Quality Management System
• Basic knowledge SAP application.
• Ability to apply systematic problem solving approach.
• Ability to read and understand basic types engineering documentation.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
Desired Characteristics:Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Ability to adapt changes to processes and job description. Strong problem solving skills.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more