Skills: Business Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Employee Referral Posting - Business Development Specialist - Lubricants located in the New England Area: Manchester, Springfield, Providence through August 23, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Position is responsible for new account acquisition and business development. The position is focused solely on the development of new business with a focus on sales pipeline opportunities. The Business Development Specialist will be responsible for increasing Chevron's market share by growing our Chevron branded lubricants in the lubrication indirect sales channel in the Northeast business area. Areas of focus within the sales process include:
- Lead Generation: 1) Work with Inside Sales Reps in lead prioritization. 2) Review sales projections based on lead development and build it into the business plans.
- Qualify: 1) Manage an active sales pipeline of high priority opportunities. 2) Conduct Initial face to face contact. 3) Establish credibility by emphasizing value generated by Chevron.
- Needs & Solutions: 1) Identify key lubricant, coolant and service issues and other relevant prospect needs. 2) Identify the benefits that will need to be emphasized in the presentation. 3) Estimate opportunity with cost benefit analysis through value based selling tools. 4) Conduct research and evaluate potential program options and select the right products and services based on the customer's needs. 5) Quantify the value of the products and services to justify the price. 6) Deal convincingly with objections.
- Presentation: 1) Review pricing strategy being used with the customer. 2) Leverage ISR for support on presentations and modify as needed. 3) Negotiate offer details, present offer, close the sale, and revise proposal, pricing and contract, as needed. 4) Work seamlessly with Business Consultants to establish dual relationship with the customer to enable a smooth handoff into the activate and transition phase that the Business Consultant will own.
- Administrative: Additional training / role development activities to support and refine new roles.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3 years of lubrication sales experience.
- Proven ability to close new business.
- Strong record of creating and executing a business development plan.
- Demonstrated industry knowledge in order to build credibility and target the offer.
- Ability to tailor and customize a presentation and offer to address customer segment needs.
- Ability to develop offers to maximize customer value to Chevron.
- Experience in using and managing CRM system.
- Excellent ability to identify and meet customer needs.
- Excellent in building relationships within all levels of customer's organization.
May be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Springfield MA
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.