The Field Specialist (Automation Technician) will service and maintain Lufkin Automation equipment under the direct supervision of the Field Services leader. Essential Responsibilities:
- In the role of Field Specialist (Automation Technician), you will: Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical / electronic equipment Perform on-site installation of electrical / electronic equipment, conduit, etc.
- Use various electronic equipment and tolls including auto cranes, stud guns, etc.
- Recognize and assess a variety of well optimization issues, either on own or by calling other technical specialists work with other business entities
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university (or High School Diploma /GED from an accredited school or institution with a minimum 4 years of electrical experience)
- Minimum 3 years of electrical experience Eligibility Requirement
- Journeyman Electrician License
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
- Work in a hands-on environment and able to lift 75 lbs.
- Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
- Required to possess a valid driver's license to the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a BHGE owned / leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
- Ability to safely deploy to remote geographic assignment locations - onshore and offshore locations with limited access to medical care, which may require 4 hours (or more) travel time to reach secondary level medical care Undergo Periodic fitness for duty tests, examinations, and/or certifications will be required for onshore/offshore remote location assignments
Hobbs, New Mexico