- Sets-up and operates special purpose equipment, conventional (lathe and/or mill), and/or numerical control (NC) machines and machining enters for fabrication of metallic and non-metallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within the organization.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 7+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must demonstrate an advance skill level (indicate part, turn OD's, and qualify ID and OD) on at least three machines; CNC mill, CNC lathe, and NC (figure feed rates), manual mill, brouch, drill press, rework lathe/press lathe.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Associate's degree or technical diploma in a related field
- Previous experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Candidates must be available to work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, for any employer, without sponsorship.
Oklahoma City, OK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more