Shell is looking for Crude Market Risk Analysts for its Houston office. The purpose of these roles is to manage risk identification model & portfolio assumptions and market inputs, pricing issues, and drive understanding of the design and utilization of VaR, stress testing, and scenario analysis. The roles will also identify, develop, and implement systems efficiencies and reporting capabilities for the risk books.
- Risk identification model & portfolio assumptions and market inputs, pricing issues, valuation parameters, and instrument types for North American products
- Assess the risks associated with structured deals and the valuation models used for physical/financial trading and hedging
- Assist in limit setting & monitoring of NA products business
- Develop tools for on-going portfolio reviews and produce "deep dive" analysis for senior management
- Drive understanding of the design and utilization of methodologies to assess risk/reward of the portfolio, including VaR back-testing / Stress Testing / Scenario Analysis / pricing for liquidity
- Collaborate with IT and other staff to identify, develop and implement systems efficiencies and reporting capabilities for risk books
- Manage user testing of systems functionality and enhancements while providing feedback to key stakeholders
- Coordinates model inputs and valuation for physical assets and hedges
- Identify and explain risks from non-linear aspects of portfolio
- Provide subject matter expert ownership of Market Risk deliverables into business functional areas such as accounting, regulatory, tax, SARP, etc.
- Work closely with colleagues from all parts of the risk management spectrum including a significant SBO (Finance Operations) component. The successful applicant will need to build strong working relationships and be adept at collaborating virtually to accomplish shared goals,
- Demonstrate excellence in succinctly communicating complex risks to stakeholders
- Ability to identify and articulate continuous incremental improvement areas, such as leading IT initiatives, system improvements, spreadsheet elimination, automation
- Assist in realizing the benefits from the Blueprint Endur system implementation
- Provide risk management expertise in complex areas and should be able to manage their own work with limited supervision
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in Finance Business, Economics, Mathematics or Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience within a recognized trading and risk management organization. Experience within Oil and Gas industry preferred.
- Strong understanding of trading, operations, risk and mid/back office business processes, policies, procedures and controls.
- Advanced grasp of trading influences, deal structures and types, interpreting positions, P&L, mark to market, trading reporting regulations, financial and management reporting, position reporting, and financial analysis.
- Strong business analysis skills, modeling capabilities, research and problem-solving skills, computer skills, technologically oriented.
- Capable of being independent from front office; able to objectively analyze and report risks and exposures.
- Continuous improvement mindset, utilizing tools to streamline and automate desk.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.