Company: NES Global Talent
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is seeking a Buyer for a one year contract in Edmonton, AB.
• Coordinates, executes, reviews and analyzes the procurement of materials,
equipment and supplies in accordance with prescribed Enbridge policies and
• Prepare, issue and evaluate RFI's, RFP's and RFQ's as required.
• Responsible to liaison between projects, site personnel, consultants and suppliers.
• Share knowledge and experiences within the procurement team to optimize overall
• Acts as the designated Procurement Lead for assigned core and capital projects if
• Provides assistance to regions as required in handling their day to day operational
• Executes the complete procurement process from preparing all aspects of
competitive bids through to commercial evaluation, recommendations and purchase
order issuance while ensuring compliance with purchasing procedures and user
requirements are met.
• Negotiates on price, delivery, payment terms, cancellation terms, liquidated
damages, warranty, etc.
• Acts as liaison between suppliers, consultants and departments on current orders
and procurement procedures.
• Provides user departments with recent pricing, delivery, sources of supply and
historical information as required.
• Participates on cross-functional sourcing teams for supplier/product consistency.
• Involvement in planning, development and review of existing purchasing methods to
ensure best practices are being utilized.
• Assists with issues within the procurement function, providing alternatives and
• Maintains records in accordance with established policies and procedures, and audit
guidelines / SOx requirements.
• Assists with the supplier qualification process.
• Validates and reconciles supplier invoices, and other payment documents.
• Ensures surplus materials are reviewed prior to purchasing new material.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of market conditions relating to supply and pricing.
• Issues and approves purchase orders per ASL.
• May provide training to department members.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to prioritize tasks to meet changing or simultaneous deadlines and deals with
issues on short notice.
• Ability to manage various work processes and works independently with limited
Contacts (Working Relationships)
• Suppliers, Service Providers, Contractors (Fabrication Shops), Engineering
Consultants, Customs Brokers, Freight Brokers, Warehouse, Enbridge Site Personnel,
Buyers, Project Engineers, Project Managers, and Inspection Services
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Related University degree (Purchasing / Supply Chain Management, B-Comm.,
Finance, Business Admin,)
• 2+ years purchasing experience
• Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP)/ Certified Professional in Supply
Management (CPSM) program enrollment beneficial
• Office environment with occasional travel to suppliers and other operations
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.