Skills: IT - Software Development
Location: Menlo Park, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Schlumberger STIC Big Data software engineer works on innovative application of emerging software technologies and thrives in a semi-autonomous environment where fast prototyping of emerging technologies to meet new challenges is the rule.
Successful Big Data software engineer is analytical thinker who has good architecture design skills and clean code programming practices and has experience from product development and build processes. She/he has a strong understanding of software development strategy as well as good communication and presentation skills, functioning well independently and in a team.
The Schlumberger STIC Big Data software engineer will work at Schlumberger Software Technology and Innovation Center (STIC) at Menlo Park, California. Schlumberger STIC is the newest facility of Schlumberger, located in the Silicon Valley, working in close collaboration with major players in the Valley network. The STIC offers its professionals a broad aspect of interaction opportunities within leading software industry partners, universities and the large network of Schlumberger Technology Centers around the world, that support Schlumberger activities in more than 85 countries.
STIC is part of the Schlumberger Software Technology organization, responsible for leading the Schlumberger digital technology initiatives. As the oil and gas industry's leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry's digital technology transformation.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets
- Assists in identifying and organizing technical requirements and specifications
- Builds products, systems and prototypes suitable for testing and sets up and runs lab simulations
- Develops and executes tests for benchmarking purposes and system quality
- Evaluates technical strategic approaches and risks to produce development plans that ensure high quality and cost-effective products and systems
- Promotes internal knowledge sharing throughout the organization that may include user training development
- Actively support industry recognition and positioning of Schlumberger technologies via authoring technical reports, papers, articles and patents
Qualifications and Experience :
- Bachelors / Masters / PhD degree in science or engineering with software experience or education.
- Core competencies in NoSQL (HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase, neo4j, orientDB, etc.) and RDBMS technologies.
- Experience with public cloud IaaS and PaaS storage technologies (Google Cloud, Azure, AWS etc.) required.
- Familiarity with data transformation and integration tools and technologies desired (Spark, data flow, Kafka, Storm, etc.)
- Proficiency & expertise in several programming languages (Java, Python, go, etc.) required
- Experience with microservices highly desirable
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.