Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Manage geology-driven business processes including scheduling, guidance, improvements, and delivery to planning
- Ensure quality Subsurface product delivered to Planning on time
- Solicit feedback from team, management, planning, broader industry to facilitate continuous improvement
- Work with engineers to ensure POD and PetroLook are aligned
- Maintain Petrel geomodels and database. Implement and integrate subsurface studies into Petrel model.
- Provide data templates for geoscience based Data Analytics studies
- Provide geomodels for use with reservoir simulation
- Maintain STOOIP calculations and maps
- Competitor Analysis/Database
- Work with CI to evaluate public competitor data in order to bring best practices into the asset
- Gather and maintain a repository of competitor presentations. Report key learnings to EF Mgmt. & team on a timely basis
- Provide competitor analysis for any external or internal presentations
- Attend workshops/consortiums and report back competitor findings to broader EF team
- Participate in acquisition evaluation (as needed)
- Evaluate/QC data trade data
- Build and maintain static geologic/reservoir models integrating available 3D seismic, well logs, core data, reservoir analogue data, and production history for unconventional reservoirs
- Ability to work and contribute in a multidisciplinary team working closely with geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists, reservoir and production engineers
- Assist with field development planning and reservoir studies
- Utilize geostatistics to analyze spatial data and inform model parameters
- Perform cursory analysis on competitor data and communicate trends to the team?Perform more detailed analysis at the request of the asset team
- Benchmark MRO performance & provide feedback to asset/management
- Investigate, propose methodology changes as appropriate
- Master's degree in geology or related field required
- 3+ years experience in an E&P geology-based role required
- Proficiency with Excel, Spotfire, ArcGIS, and Petrel required
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Geosciences || Not Applicable || || 30119 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.