Skills: Maintenance Engineer, Reliability Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Maintenance and Reliability Engineer (MRE) position is responsible for overseeing the Eagle Ford asset's reliability program with emphasis on eliminating incidents of lost production and repeat failures of equipment. The MRE is the focal point for surface-related issues, threats to availability, and maintenance challenges that could adversely affect our operations.
The MRE position accomplishes these tasks by balancing a day-to-day focus on operations and maintenance activities while maintaining a strategic situational awareness of equipment health and reliability. The MRE must be able to work closely with all engineering disciplines, crafts, and operators in order to create a proactive, defect elimination, mindset. The MRE is expected to know the asset, know the people, and know the issues and opportunities. This cross-functional perspective provides the opportunity to participate and influence in almost all aspects of the asset operation to ensure reliability and production efficiency.
The position will include problem solving and root cause analysis, small project execution, threat identification and risk assessment, engineering technical support to construction, operations and maintenance, and turnaround development. The MRE will provide leadership in implementing a Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) strategy and develop guidelines to monitor equipment performance. The position will be located in Kenedy, TX and will report to the Maintenance and Reliability Supervisor.
- Provide daily engineering support to Operations and Maintenance:
- Improve surface system and equipment reliability by troubleshooting process upsets and equipment failures
- Act as a resource to improve operating procedures and repair methods.
- Define, develop, monitor, and refine the asset maintenance plan
- Utilize predictive and preventive maintenance methodologies to isolate reliability problems
- Monitor trends and put corrective action in place to reduce costs and improve equipment reliability
- Pursue continuous improvement of asset-wide maintenance execution, including preparation of PM requirements for new equipment.
- Maintain, advise and ensure accurate spare parts and stock requirements for equipment
- Perform project engineering (develop, justify, obtain funds, and execute) for minor maintenance and reliability centered projects
- Work closely with construction to ensure reliability and maintainability is engineered into the design of new and modified installations of equipment and facilities.
- Participate on Management of Change reviews to bring a reliability perspective where needed
- Participate and lead Root Cause Failure Analyses (RCFA).
- Develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect asset operations and equipment
- Work with operations to implement a Bad Actor program
- Establish working relationships with major equipment vendors and technical resources to ensure Marathon Oil Company can leverage their position for improved production efficiency, support and reliability.
- Petroleum, Mechanical, or equivalent engineering degree.
- 5+ years of maintenance and reliability experience in oil and gas or chemical industries.
- Excellent oral and written communications, teamwork, planning & organizational skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products including: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Training will be provided as appropriate for Pro Count (production data management), SCADA and other software as deemed value-added. CMMS (SAP-PM) experience preferred.
- 40% travel to other local field offices infrequent travel to other regional offices
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Engineering || Not Applicable || || 30138 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.