Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. ROLE SUMMARY:
Baker Hughes, a GE company, has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Specialist
in Houston, TX. The role will be focused on process flow and optimization using Lean principles as well as conducting root cause failure analysis, identification of corrective actions, and implementation of process improvements. The role will be assigned to support these activities and a variety of production support projects at the HTC Machine Shop. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes, a GE company offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develops and implements production methods.
- Recommends and implements improvements in the production process.
- Provides product support, manufacturing support, and failure analysis.
- May design special tooling and fixtures for field, manufacturing and engineering use.
- Evaluates existing manufacturing processes to determine areas of improvement in performance, reliability, and/or cost.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Associate's Degree
- 4+ years' experience
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate problem-solving skills and project management skills
- Lean and/or 6 Sigma
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Knowledge of general principles, concepts, theories, and practices of applicable discipline.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 5+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- Value Engineering
- AutoCad and Solidworks experience
- Cutting Tool Knowledge
- Plant Layout and 6S experience
- Ergonomics experience related to HSE
- CNC Machine Tool practices and operation
- High Volume Manufacturing
- Material Flow experience (VSM)
- Machine Tool Fixturing
- Oilfield Services Experience
- Oilfield Threading Experience
Houston, TX (Rankin Road)
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more