Job Description Purpose & Accountabilities:
Provide proactive and reactive support and technical assurance
to optimize the reliability and safe operation of machinery. The Specialists also act as an interface between Engineering Services and the Maintenance, Warehouse, and Materials Management groups.
- Support Craft Team Members' (CTM) and Production to troubleshoot Machinery issues (pumps, compressors, turbines, etc.)
- Provide expertise in equipment condition and failure root cause.
- Identify recurring issues and bad actor equipment and participate in or lead issue resolution.
- Collaboration with Engineers on equipment modifications and upgrades to optimize reliability.
- Develop scope for overhauls and repairs.
- Manage interface with offsite repair shops.
- Engage stakeholders to ensure awareness of equipment threats, opportunities, and issue resolution status.
- Manage Machinery Maintenance Bill Of Material's (BOM).
- Develop a succession plan to ensure development of future CTM's and Specialists.
- Participation in Area Coordination Team meetings.
- Trade focal point for the (AMS) process - Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) process.
- Spare part inventory and ensuring that the inventory is monitored and evaluated on a set frequency to ensure we have the appropriate inventory.
- Maintains the Preventative Maintenance Program and is accountable to ensure the proper PM's are in the system with the appropriate documentation to ensure compliance.
- Sitewide documentation control, all maintenance practices, procedures, and guidelines and managing the Sitewide Maintenance Website.
Dimensions: Provide leadership, support, and training to Maintenance Department for the specified disciplines. Responsible for managing site maintenance programs for Preventative Maintenance (PM), Spare parts, Policies, Procedures, Practices and Guidelines, and daily technical needs of the operating site within their SpecialtyCompany Description
In Canada, we do everything from exploring for oil and gas, to refining and manufacturing, to discovering new ways to reduce emissions, to delivering fuels to our customers from coast to coast.
We have many successful businesses and projects across Canada, including:
- a strong and rapidly growing Upstream business built around the Montney and the Duvernay shale plays, on a foundation of Foothills sour gas;
- a successful Downstream business anchored in our Sarnia refinery (Ontario) and our Scotford refinery and upgrader (Alberta) as well as our two world-class petrochemicals plants near Edmonton;
- a network of 1,300 retail sites across Canada - a vital point of connection for our customers to us - which makes us one of the pre-eminent fuel retailers in the country;
- strong Aviation, Sulphur and Lubricants businesses;
- an innovative Supply and Trading business;
- a prospective LNG export project in Kitimat, B.C.
Canada is especially well-suited to offer lower carbon energy solutions thanks to our highly experienced workforce, our abundance of natural resources and supportive government policies. In Canada, Shell is actively exploring opportunities to invest in new fuels for transport, renewable power and customer solutions enabled by digital technology to lead the global movement towards cleaner energy.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis without requiring sponsorship.
- 10 Years experience as a Technologist or Journeyman within the Machinery discipline.
- Skill / Expert in codes and standards, practices and technologies within the Machinery discipline.
- Diagnostic and problem solving skills. Stakeholder Engagements.
- Accountable / Owner maintenance audits and reliability program including offsite repairs and quality checks.
- Strong leadership, decision making, mentorship, coaching and communication skills.
- Can manage evolving priorities and deliver on multiple commitments in a timely manner.
- Develops / Focal the craft competency training, spare parts strategies, bad actors program and PM programs.
- Competency Assurance.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.