Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Provide clerical support to the Accounts Payable department to include a combination of duties such as answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing or word processing, office machine operation, and filing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process 400-500 invoices a week in a high paced environment.
- Matching vendor documentation with company documentation ensuring line by line accuracy.
- Process/review invoices including review of proper coding, proof of purchase and verification of approvals.
- Review/Process expense reports.
- Provide backup support for various pay cycles.
- Correspond with vendors and research and resolve vendor problems and billing discrepancies.
- Perform and assist with reconciliations of vendor accounts as well as general ledger accounts.
- Assist with preparation of internal and external documents and reports for vendors and managers.
- Assist with month end, quarter end, and year end monthly close process where needed.
- Assist with annual and interim audits.
- Assist with system implementation/upgrade testing.
- Assist with any other duties the department needs assistance with.
- Keep management informed of activities and any significant concerns; identify problems and make suggestions.
- Practice effective communication in order to confer with other personnel to explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 3 to 5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, Word and Excel; Oracle (PeopleSoft) experience a plus.
- Associates in Finance or Accounting.
- 5 to 7 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of SOX requirements as well as internal/external audit process.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Able to work independently in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong attention to detail and accurate data entry skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.