Skills: Workover or Completion
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Spring, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Under broad direction, coordinates and oversees shop and field activities regarding Product Service Line (PSL) work with the goal of ensuring customer satisfaction through compliance with Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Halliburton Management System (HMS) guidelines and requirements. Employees under the supervision of the Service Leader are Service Specialists, Service Operators, and Tool Technicians.
- Observes employees in the field and maintenance shops for SQ/HSE adherence to policy and provides training as necessary for the continued enhancement of skill levels.
- Ensures the timely completion of training courses, including yearly HSE refresher-training, and maintenance of required levels of competency as required for the employees under their supervision.
- Provides a supervisory presence on customer job sites as needed during various phases of complex, high-profile jobs.
- Aids the service coordinator(s) in managing day-to-day operations as needed.
- Participates in the investigation of unsatisfactory and/or unplanned job results.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as Service Specialist within Intelligent Completions(IC) is required.
- Must have supervised a minimum of 10 IC jobs.
- IC experience on dry tree and sub-sea installations.
- Must be willing to work adhoc and travel to any Halliburton location around the globe.
- Be capable and have an understanding of intelligent completions installation equipment and requirements to set up a new location.
- Be at a level to train local content engineers to a point where the location becomes self sufficient.
- Be competent to generate DoS, and all relevant documention as per HMS.
- Must have the ability to take a project from award through installation.
- Participate in Intelligent Completions stack up's and plumbing at a supervisory level.
- In-depth troubleshooting skills for permanent monitoring, digital infrastructure and flow control equipment.
- Good communication skills both with Halliburton and client personnel.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
445 Woodline Drive, Spring, Texas, 77386, United States
Requisition Number: 78567
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Completion Tools
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.