Process Engineer POSITION TYPE:
Full-Time, Permanent LOCATION:
Cedar Rapids, IA
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, an fast-growing Engineering company, is looking to hire a Process Engineer for a permanent position based in Cedar Rapids, IA KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Proficient in process engineering and process/project management
- Acts safely and instills a strong safety behavior at all times whether at the office or on client processing facilities
- Ensures job/work flow accountabilities are clearly understood by all parties involved and acted upon in a timely manner
- Ability to hold him/herself fully accountable for performance measurements and adjust work flow as needed
- Instills a high quality work environment at all times as well as demonstrates a strong QA/QC process for all process engineering work flows
- Effectively identifies and analyzes pre-construction problems/issues with the design documentation and takes timely steps to rectify and communicate identified issues
- Highly proficient in project execution.
- Highly proficient in detailed engineering calculations, including but not limited to pump, line and tank/equipment sizing, system/equipment specifications, mass and energy balance work among other core engineering disciplines.
- Strong communication with internal and external customers
- Ability to clearly communicate up to the Leadership team and be able to clearly communicate with peers
- Foresees potential system roadblocks and takes corrective measures to mitigate issues
- Budget/timeline management skills - ability to develop and manage a detailed process engineering budget/timeline, with the ability to accurately project future project costs and project/process completion estimates
- Ability to fully read, develop, and understand P&ID's and detailed construction drawings
- Mechanical aptitude to assist the construction team for start-up systems and the ability to provide troubleshooting skills/tools
- Detailed civil/structural (site and soil prep, concrete/rebar, structural steel) comprehension of industrial projects is preferred.
- Piping (mechanical), electrical (MCC switch gear, transformers, motor wiring) and automation (instrumentation wiring and installation) knowledge and design details is a must
- Examine/Inspect field conditions to identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving opportunities, while recommend/implement corrective actions where necessary and incorporate those lessons into future process engineering documentation
- Review and issue new drawings and contractor documents for change of conditions; quantify impact of changes and review with management; distribute new issues to project teams
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with experience in the chemical, refining, Ag (corn, soy, etc...) processing or bio-refining fields
- At least 2 years of experience in the detail process design and engineering business
- Strong knowledge of system engineering, mass and energy balance, system/equipment sizing/specification along with engineering cost estimation, mechanical system understanding and check-out, system start-up and commissioning experience, training, safety oversight, and general set-up of operations
This is an excellent opportunity to become part one of the world's leading Engineering companies, who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package with medical benefits, matching 401K, PTO, life insurance, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Dharani "Dot" Saiz.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.