Skills: Contracts Administration, Estimating
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Proposals and Estimating Lead for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
Working within Commercial Department, responsible for execution of tenders within company procedures
Tasks can include, but are not limited to:
- To oversee tendering process in accordance with the Group procedures, policies and guidelines;
- Liaise with Business Development Manager/s to establish a full understanding of customer requirements and relationships, develop commercial strategy in order to secure a successful outcome;
- Responsible for the maintenance of the tender information database (Microsoft Dynamics CRM or similar for the Region);
- Co-ordinate distribution/review/compilation of tender;
- Liaise with Tendering Manager/Legal Counsel to review Contract terms and conditions;
- Support and prepare accurate tender estimates;
- Maintain an accurate cost database for personnel, equipment and systems;
- Prepare tender proposal documents - Technical and commercial;
- Liaise closely with Project Execution on compilation of tender proposal;
- Act as single point of contact with customer during tendering/clarification phase;
- Ensure full traceability of all communications and documents during the tending process;
- Assist with negotiations with Client representing the Company's best interests at all time;
- Follow negotiations through to award;
- Ensure contract drafted to reflect finally agreed position;
- Provide handover and support to Project Execution Team;
- Provide input for budgets and forecasts as required; and
- Any other relevant delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified, in a safe and efficient manner to meet Business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Your responsibility is to complete the tasks assigned timely and with the required quality.
- Relevant degree or equivalent practical experience; and
- Degree level or equivalent Subsea operations knowledge.
(Experience can compensate for lack of formal competency.)
Experience / Knowledge:
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages - Word/Excel/PowerPoint and Document Control Systems
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent communicator, reader and writer
- Able to demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to resolving problems with a pleasant and articulate manner
- Capable of discussing issues and topics of importance at Senior Management Level
- Good organisational skills and smart working methods
- Demonstrable experience within the Subsea or Offshore environment is essential
- Working Knowledge of Oil and Gas Industry Technical Specifications and Standards
(Training programme can compensate for lack of experience.)