Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Skills: Subsea Engineer, CAD / CAM, Cost Engineer
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
• Review Design Proposals from the Alliances (Design proposals include Basis of Design, Flow Diagrams, Specifications, Procedures, Calculation Notes, & MTOs).
• Ensure that Design proposals from the Alliances meet the requirements and expectations of the various Exhibits in the FEED Contract.
• Review documents issued by the Alliances for the Scope of Work relevant to the Subsea Jumpers &
• Participate in Design Reviews, and Technical Workshops and any other Meetings as may be assigned by the Lead Engineer in the Scope of Work relevant to the Subsea Jumpers & Connection Systems.
• Ensure that Interface issues from other Packages relevant to the Jumpers & Connection Systems are resolved in a timely manner.
• Liaise with Company Specialists within the various Technical departments in HQ to ensure Design proposals from the Alliances meet the requirements of the Company specifications.
• Review and Action as required Deviation/Derogation Requests, and Technical Queries that may originate from the Alliances.
• Assist the Lead Engineer to identify and manage risks associated with the FEED activities within the Package.
• Provide on a regular basis, a status Report of activities to the Lead Engineer.
• Contribute to the Lessons Learned to be developed
• Contribute to preparing the Close-out Report relevant to the Subsea Jumpers & Connection Systems.
• To fully comply with office security, health and safety instructions.
• To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
• To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
• To also take care of colleagues safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
• To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
• To participate in relevant HSE meetings such as HSE Committee, JSA, etc.
• To fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONEMENT
The PREOWEI Project is a challenging Project Technically, and with the added constraint of a short time-line for its execution. There is also the constraint of having to interface with multiple (at least three) Alliances within this short time-line (six months)
Position is located in Lagos, with visits to the various Contractors' offices within and outside Lagos.
The Service holder shall assist the Lead Engineer to ensure that the Alliances produce fully fit-for-purpose Functional Design documents and that the ENGINEERING DELIVERABLE Dossier submitted by them contain sufficient information to enable them submit a Technical and Commercial offer (PROPOSAL) for the ensuing EPCI CONTRACT.
• Accountable for Subsea Flowlines Jumpers & Connection Systems technical coordination with Alliances
• Ensures timely return of all Alliance issued engineering documents within his responsibility.
• Education: First degree in relevant Engineering Discipline. Master degree or an equivalent is an advantage
• Qualification: 6+ years' experience in the Engineering of Subsea Jumpers (rigid and Flexible), and Connection Systems.
• To have experience in the application of industry standards and codes related to subsea hardware and systems such as API 6A & 17D, ASME B31.3, ASME B31.8, API RP-17P, API RP-17R, API RP-2A, DNV-RP-F119, as well as other ISO, DNV and NORSOK equivalent standards.
• Must have knowledge of the Connection Systems (Hubs and Connectors) engineering and manufacturing processes of the major Subsea Hardware Suppliers
• Experience in the Engineering of Thermo Plastic Pipes (TCP) will be an added advantage
• Previous experience of Company / Operator Representation during similar type project execution is a distinct advantage
• Mobility: placement is primarily in Lagos, Nigeria with the potential for international trips.
Language: Fluency in English language