Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Skills: Barge Master, Dynamic Positioning, Marine Surveying
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: £65,000 to £75,000 (depending in experience)
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Position: Marine Consultant
Due to further expansion as a result of key contract wind both in the UK North Sea and internationally Eden Scott's client, a leading international marine consultancy now requires two Marine Consultants to join their Aberdeen office.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding team during a period of sustained growth. This position will suit a 2nd Officer, Chief Officer or Master with substantial Anchor Handling Towing Supply (AHTS) Vessel experience looking for a move onshore with exposure to travel offshore as desired. The position will also suit an experienced Tow Master / Rig Move Master seeking a new challenge.
As Marine Consultant initially you will be shadowing the existing marine consultants by attending meetings and if needs be working offshore with the team to familiarise yourself with the organisation and it's operations. You will also gain experience writing procedures.
Thereafter you will be responsible for project managing marine operations for clients which Include operators and rig owners. As Marine Consultant you can expect varied work ranging from conducting Rig Moves to replacing mooring lines.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
- Being the focal point for your assigned clients and managing the relationship with them
- Liaising with clients on a daily basis regarding their projects
- Preparation of operations specific procedures, risk assessments according to industry standards
- Attend rig move / project meetings with clients
- Brief Vessels / marine representatives and superintendents on specific procedures
- Attend offshore operations as required
- Perform vessel inspections as required by the client
- Minimum of 3 years experience as 2nd officer, Chief officer or Master on board AHTS Vessels ideally conducting rig moves.
- Minimum of OOW Unlimited COC
- Within commutable distance of Aberdeen or willing to relocate
- Happy to travel offshore and internationally as required (circa 20% of your time)
- Able to work in the UK without restriction
Salary & Benefits:
- £65,000 to £75,000 (depending in experience)
- Healthcare package
- Retention bonuses
- Time of in lieu for working overtime / any weekend work or paid overtime
- Day off on your birthday
- Flexible Fridays - option to work a half day
- Flexible arrangements for working from home