Our client is looking for a Process Engineer for a contract position, located in Westhill.
- Provide immediate technical support to site operations for process upsets and front line trouble shooting to ensure continual safe and efficient delivery of production targets.
- Analyse and resolve short term production/process issues utilizing appropriate techniques, liaising with other discipline support teams for additional advice and support as required.
- Provide process and operational assistance in the preparation, organisation and analysis of site based trials, issuing of guidelines/procedures as required to ensure trials are controlled and carried out in a safe and meaningful manner.
- Propose and justify modifications to improve safety, reliability, efficiency, production, environmental and cost performance.
- Optimisation of start-up, shutdown and intervention programmes to minimise production shortfalls.
- Creation of temporary operating instructions.
- Analyse CGA equipment performance data to optimize the plant operating conditions
- Member of ERT.
Routine Monitoring & Reporting
- Carry out daily routine monitoring checks on production critical equipment and wells with the assistance of the well performance engineer as required and propose changes where necessary to optimise the plant and wells to maintain safe and efficient production.
- Provide assistance to environment, production chemistry and hydrocarbon accounting teams in the gathering of data required for monthly reporting of emissions and discharges. Ensuring data is accurate and complete, correcting any in a logical and justifiable manner to ensure consents and permits are adhered to.
Process Engineering and studies
- Participate in process studies for plant modifications related to process discipline or multi-discipline.
- Provide operational and process engineering input to HAZOPs, HAZIDs, Risk Assessments, SIL assessments and other technical safety assessments / audits, both during the actual assessment and during subsequent action resolution.
- Provide operational and process engineering assistance to Shutdown Team.
Safety System Testing
- Assisting with SCE testing, attending site where possible to ensure performance standards are met and defects are reported by:
- Gathering of data during and following testing.
- Performing technical calculations as required.
- Verifying the results against the OIAVS.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with site personnel, other TEP UK business units and 3rd party contractors and vendors through effective communication and regular site visits.
- Degree in Chemical / Process Engineering or equivalent.
- Previous relevant engineering experience in oil and gas process / production or refining.
- Working knowledge of onshore / offshore process and production systems, flow assurance issues and industry norms and specifications.