Skills: Contracts Administration
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Westhill, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Contracts Analyst for a contract position, located in Westhill.
The CPR Team provides a complete contracting service for the whole Company, covering each Asset and their offshore installations.
The focus of the job would be on Projects as well as Multi-Asset Contracts covering Engineering, Operations and Maintenance Activities.
Preparation, negotiation, award and monitoring the administration of contracts/purchase orders for works/goods/services in such a manner as to ensure the Company's best commercial interests are both served and protected, monitoring relevant markets and contractor performance.
- Promote the CPR function as a managed process which requires timely input from technical departments
- Act as highly visible communications focal point for Contracts, operating as a 'Duet' with technical counterpart(s), to proactively facilitate effective relationships, contract planning & management
- Actively follow relevant markets, gathering & using information received, & developing & maintaining market information systems to provide up-to-date details of both market conditions and contractors/suppliers
- Be open to receive representatives
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with suppliers in order to secure positive, constructive and cost effective commercial agreements for the Company
- Establish contracting strategy with 'Duet' counterpart to serve & protect Company's best commercial interest
- Review and consider legal aspects associated with contract award & administration, liaising with the Legal Department, providing advice to clients as appropriate & assisting as appropriate in settlement of law suits
- Propose, pre-qualify & recommend suitable contractors/suppliers for bid lists to maximise tendering efficiency
- Compile issue and administer 'Invitation to Tender' packages to procure the most realistic and commercially attractive proposals from potential contractors/suppliers. (This includes reviewing and compiling the technical part of the ITT package based on input received from Technician & providing commercially relevant advice)
- Draft appropriate contractual and commercial terms & conditions to best serve & protect Company's interests
- Review bids, participate in clarifications, conduct negotiations and administer the award of contracts & contract amendments and provision of feedback to bidders
- Ensure all contracting activities meet audit requirements in compliance with Company policies and procedures and UK/EU legislation in order to minimise any potential partner/audit claims or court actions
- Monitor contractors' performance, promoting & attending service quality meetings, recording results and participating in supplier relationship management & supplier performance management activities
- Provide general assistance & advice on contractual & procurement matters as required to support Company's operations (including particularly advising on interpretation of contractual provisions, claims & correspondence)
- Review standard contract documentation & procedures and identify, promote, negotiate, detail & implement improvements, liaising with other interested parties as appropriate
- Represent Company's Contracts & Procurement Function in meetings with external organisations
- Provide first line technical supervision, coaching, mentoring & appraisal of less experienced personnel
- Create, negotiate and administer change orders initiated by Company or Contractor and contract amendments
- Represent the Project's contracts function in weekly meetings with suppliers/contractors providing general assistance and advice on contractual and procurement matters as required to support the project's activities
- Provide input to cost with potential changes and actual changes throughout the project, including verification of project invoices
- Typically degree qualified (level 2.1 or higher) in Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering or relevant business area, ideally with a post-graduate qualification in a complementary area
- Ideally a professional qualification (or working towards) in Procurement, Surveying or other relevant profession.
- Knowledge & understanding of procurement processes including: ethical principles; bidder prequalification; invitation to tender; comparative evaluation of contractors; & award, management, amendment & close out of contracts
- Typically 6 years practical experience in preparation and negotiation of complex Projects and Operations/Maintenance contracts
- Typically 5 years (or more) experience in the offshore oil or petrochemical industries
- Demonstrable general knowledge & understanding of the technologies utilised by oil and gas operators
- Demonstrable general knowledge & understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the Company in general, & "in depth" understanding where relevant to contracts for works, goods & services
- Extensive & detailed knowledge & understanding of model contract conditions in use by the Company with particular emphasis on the liability, indemnity & insurances regime applied by the Company in the UK, & the ability to identify & assess relevant risks & modify and/or supplement standard provisions as appropriate
- In depth knowledge & understanding of different means of contractor remuneration & their commercial implications, practical experience of their use, & sound ability to select & draft appropriate provisions
- Basic understanding of the technical domain in which the job-holder's clients operate
- Understanding of the specific supply market relating to the domain in which the job-holder's clients operate
- General knowledge & understanding of Company's business functions, with "in depth" understanding of the Contracts function & how it adds value, and a commitment to deliver added value
- Ability & willingness to facilitate/chair any meetings required to conduct the activities of the job
- Ability & willingness to effectively & robustly challenge the views of contractors & clients, and negotiate reasonable settlements whilst maintaining good relationships & sharing expertise & knowledge as appropriate
- Ability to work in a Project environment and go above and beyond to deliver the project deadlines.