Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Participate in preparation, running and maintenance of perforating equipment
- Be a part of the team who represent the company when running the perforating equipment on offshore installations
- Perform calculations and quality checks for the perforating equipment
- Follow-up with Customers
- Technical support to other Wireline & Perforating operations
- Customer presentations
- There may be opportunities for overseas work
- Ensure that policies and management system (Halliburton Management System) is followed at all times
- Promote a strong focus on health, safety, security and service quality
- Participate in investigation of incidents, injuries and accidents related to the department's work
- During training period, and when needed, work in the workshop (onshore) or abroad may occur
Competitive pension- and insurance scheme
Company health service
Beneficial employee stock-purchase plan
Focus on technology and further development
Highly skilled colleagues in an international environment
Trade Certificate or Bachelor's degree in petroleum, machinery, automation or production
Desirable with relevant offshore experience on floating and fixed installations
Experience with perforating services
Relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education
- We seek an independent person who can help to develop and maintain a strong team spirit within the department
- Ability to handle large workloads
- Ability to problem solving and good communication skills
- Good knowledge of English both written and spoken
- Good knowledge with PC is preferable
Eldfiskvegen 1, 4056 Tananger, Norway
Product Service Line: Wireline & Perforating
Hiring Manager: Bjørnar Kalsvik +(47) 41 61 60 18
Recruiter: Synnøve Gysland Sunde +(47) 51 83 72 30
Deadline: 25th August 2019
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.