Skills: Environmental Engineer, Loss Prevention, Safety Engineering
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Technical Safety Engineer - Stavanger, Norway
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Until the end of August 2020
Employment basis: Contract
Hourly Rate: All inclusive - Negotiable
A major client of Leap29 are seeking a technical safety engineer for major projects in mid-late 2019 and all of 2020, who can join the business on a long-term contract. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for fire protection / prevention, as well as a strong background in safety and firewater system design.
The candidate will be rewarded with exciting project opportunities within major North Sea fields, and a blend of onshore / offshore working.
• Design of firewater systems such as deluge, hydrant/hosereel and monitor.
• Ability to use Pipenet software and knowledge of NFPA 15/ISO 13702 requirements is necessary.
• Prepare/update system design report and P&IDs for FW and Inergen systems.
• Passive fire protection of structural steel, pipe supports and critical lines/valves.
• Prepare technical specification for safety studies and third party services.
• Bachelor or Master degree in Technical Safety/Fire Prevention or related field
Required Work Experience:
• Min. 5-8 year's relevant experience in the oil and gas industry.
• Experience with major modifications project in Norway
• Knowledge to Equinor internal Technical Requirements and Norsok standards
• Knowledge of various software tools (such as KFX, FATHS, Vessfire etc.) would be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of Total Flooding Systems would be an added advantage.
• Good communication skills in English and Norwegian(preferable)
• Work independently and efficiently
• High degree of multidiscipline knowledge
• Can handle several work tasks simultaneously
• Offshore certificate
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!