Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Southern Highlands Province, Papua New Guinea
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:To assist in the daily operation with in the Field Service Group and workshop including preparation, rework and maintenance of oil field tooling and equipment, stock inventory checks and replenishment. Pressure testing of assemblies and maintain all equipment to a ready use standard. Maintain the work shop to a high HSE standard and complete other duties as directed by Supervisor. Role will have a focus of learning aspects of field service to support overflow work in the field as needed.
Essential Responsibilities:• Assisting Field Service Supervisor with day to day running of workshop.
• Carry out repair of BHGE well head equipment
• Perform maintenance checks on pumps and testing equipment and maintaining in a ready to go state.
• Perform Valve repair, valve lubrication and testing as directed.
• Maintain workshop to a high HSE standard.
• Organise, select and arrange the receiving of tools and equipment into and out of the work shop.
• Office and Field support as needed.
• Comply with all applicable HSE procedures and standards at all times
• Assist with inventory of stock, spare parts and consumables.Qualifications/Requirements:• Completion of a trade certificate or experience in a similar role
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Hold a drivers licence for light vehicle.
• Desirable if in possession of fork lift and heavy vehicle licence.
Desired Characteristics:• Strong team player, ability to multitask with good time management skills. Enjoy working in a dynamic environment as part of a committed team.
• A good level of physical fitness as heavy lifting involved.
• Be able to follow instructions.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more