Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Brisbane, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
To perform field service duties for Oil Search (PNG) Limited Operations incuding wellhead installation, repair, removal and maintenance as required by GE Oil and Gas Pressure Control on GE and Third Party equipment and abide by all GE Oil and Gas Pressure Control EHS policies and Work Place Practices.
• Carrying out the repair of GE Pressure Control wellhead equipment, including client equipment as requested;
• Perform valve repair, valve lubrication, and wellhead upgrading;
• Install, repair, and maintain equipment at the well site;
• Maintain tools, safety equipment and company or Customer vehicle in a clean and serviceable condition;
• Maintain stock of spare-parts in company / customer vehicles for use and sales;
• Maintain inventory levels of spare parts for service and rental;
• Maintain all GE and Customer property, including truck, service tools, phone and computer equipment in a clean and ready state;
• Organize, select, arrange shipment of and receive tools and equipment;
• General assembly and testing of equipment in workshop as required;
• Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety and environmental regulations;
• Highlight and demonstrate a full understanding of GE PC Q/EHS procedures; and
• Perform any additional or special tasks as requested by the Service Supervisor.
• Highlight and demonstrate a full understanding of WGPC Q/HSE procedures.
• Conduct both Company and customer training as required.
Completion and passing grade of year 12, Mechanical or Fitter Trade Qualification and minimum of four years Field Service in similar application and / or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to understand and implement mechanical drawings;
• Experience in the installation and repair of flanged well head systems
• Experience in the installation and repair of SH2, SH3 and Vetco well head systems
• Experience in the installation and repair of Hydraulic and Pneumatic actuators
• Able to confidently run and set , casing slips, and various types of hangers
• Field repairs to gate valves, and other misc. well head equipment
• Working knowledge of RB2 Lubricator - set and unsetting of BPV/TWC
• Working Knowledge of VR plug removal tool
• Understanding and use of 15k Pressure testing pump unit.
• Reasonable written and verbal communication and
• Sound computer knowledge.
• A good level of physical fitness;
• The ability to work independently or within a team; and
• Be able to follow instructions.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more