If you're highly ambitious, safety-conscious, and thrive in complex and uncertain situations, this role will help you grow and develop in a business that encourages both personal and professional development where you'll be part of some of the most ground-breaking projects anywhere in the industry.
Where you fit in?
Operations Craft and Maintenance jobs at Shell are essential to the ongoing success of the company. In one of our Operations and Maintenance roles you will be part of a growing team that is tasked with the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of our global projects and assets.
Shell Lubricants Business Newell, WV produce and package materials used in refineries and retail stores around the world.. Working in our plant and other operations, a career in Operations and Maintenance at Shell is one right at the front line of the company's activities. You can have a purpose-driven career with the work you will do everyday and leave a positive impact on your life, your community and the world.
What's the role?
On a day to day basis, Electricians are involved with the following activities;
- Maintain and manage all upgrades pertaining to automation in accordance to Standard Operating Plan, daily operating Instructions, standing Instructions, and site Health, Safety, Security, Environment procedures (HSSE)
- Identify and implement your troubleshooting skills to PLC's, automation and interface equipment to increase and maintain plant reliability
- Familiar with Allen Bradley PLC's (icluding Micrologix, cCmpactogix, Controllogix, RS logix 5 and 500, Siemens PLC's, RS view and PanelBuilder software, Devicenet and Ethernet)
- Manage plant electrical equipment upsets, upgrades of electrical control panels, procedures for building , rewiring, interconnecting of completed control panels, abnormal conditions and subsequent incidents/plant emergencies and subsequent follow-up;
- Maintain a filing system with copies of programs for all devices, systems and computerized control PLC systems
- Assist with major electrical repairs and upgrades including procurement of new automation equipment to be used in upgrading blending and packaging facilities
- Update and coordinate updates of electrical schematics
- Communicate verbally in writing to operations employees, supervisors and others regarding the identification of problems and completion of jobs in their area
- Safe work attitude and practical knowledge of industrial safety standards
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries that aims to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers.Requirements
What we need from you?
- 2 years electrical repair/ troubleshooting experience in an industrial plant or military environment
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to support the company's drug free work environment, which will include random drug screeningswork in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to support the companies drug-free work environment, harassment free work environment policy, safety policies in diversity and inclusion policies
- Must be able to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a visa.
- Possess a current , valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Comply with all HSSE regulations, policies, standards, practices and actively participate in improving plant safety culture
- Tend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 60 minutes of the site or be willing to relocate to within 60 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Must be flexible to work overtime, nights and weekends when the need arises.
- Must be at least 18 years old, with a minimum High school diploma or GED. Able read, write and speak English.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.