New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under direct supervision, assists during the rigging up and down of Testing and Subsea Testing Tools (TT) service line equipment on work locations for the purpose of maintaining control of wellbore fluids during perforating and testing and providing the customer with essential reservoir information by the use of (but not limited to): Drillstem Testing Tools. Works in conjunction with other Testing and Subsea product service lines (PSL) on location.
- Works in the Testing and Subsea workshop assisting in the repair of down-hole tools and surface equipment.
- Performs assembly and preparation of equipment for installation and service and in the running of Drill Stem Test and or Shoot and Pull jobs.
- Performs with limited supervision from the Service Supervisor in the rigging up and rigging down on a location of service line equipment and in the clean up, repair, and preparation of equipment for the next job.
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability of operations.
- Assembles and prepares, as directed, equipment for installation and service.
Requirements: Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- 2- 1/2 years of Drillstem Testing Tool experience
- Drives a truck or other assigned equipment as required.
- Should be knowledgeable of all types of Testing Tools services provided in local area. Must have met the minimum competency requirements for Operator I - Testing Tools.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines.
- Must be capable of understanding/navigating HMS, iLearn and Competency sites on HALWORLD.
- Must be able to visually identify various tool components by type and size and explain function of each.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work safely with hand tools.
- Must have successfully passed company tests or met task guideline requirements.
- Must follow all Health, Safety and Environment best practices, be able to complete Job Safety Analysis (JSA) on prescribed tasks and demonstrate Safety in Lifting.
- Must be able to explain the function of the mobilization documentation.
- Have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is required.
- Basic reading comprehension and writing skills are required. Basic computer skills are required.
- Work Schedule: 40 hours open
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Service Operator II, Service Specialist I or Service Specialist II - Testing Tools
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3504 West Admiral Doyle Drive, New Iberia, Louisiana, 70560, United States
Requisition Number: 78434
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Testing and Subsea
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.