Broussard, Louisiana, United States
Broussard, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Well Servicing & Testing
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Broussard, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Under general supervision, provides supervision, coordinates and oversees Surface Well Testing (SWT) product service line (PSL) work at the well site, providing excellent customer relations at the worksite during well testing or other type operaton.
- Plans and performs necessary calculations for the total job at the well site as needed.
- Coordinates and directs the activities of service operators during the equipment rig up/down on a location and the preparation of equipment for performing a job.
- Provides planning necessary for the job including instructions to the crew and equipment used, including dispute resolutions to approved levels.
- Recognizes possible sales opportunities for the Company's other products and service and communicates information to Service Coordinator or appropriate Company staff.
- Ensures customer satisfaction with jobs performed. As needed, may perform data collection and data distribution on jobs.
- Coordinates the clean up, repair, and preparation of equipment for the next job.
- Provides input on individual performance levels of his/her subordinates providing on-the-job skills development to enhance job performance.
- Promotes HES Process Improvement Initiatives (PII) within the assigned Country/Natural Work Area (NWA).
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) standards, practices and guidelines.
- Mentors and trains lower level Service Specialists in areas of expertise.
Requirements: Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 year of experience as Service Specialist I - Surface Well Test or 5 years of SWT experience including the role as a supervisor.
- Must have met the minimum competency requirements for the Service Operator II - SWT. Should be fully knowledgable in most aspects of Testing & Subsea (SWT) service line in the local area
- Will be required to become a dedicated Assessor for junior SWT personnel.
- Licensure to drive commercial vehicles may be required.
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes.
- Leads by example. Coaches individuals for better performance and promotes high morale.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability of operations.
- Must possess exceptional skills within the service line and have a general understanding of other service functions.
- Must posses execellent knowledge of Halliburton Management System (HMS) standards, work methods/processes.
- Demonstrates detailed understanding of bottom hole and basic reservoir - i.e., BHP, BHT, Hydrocarbon phasing, Gas and Oil Flow Measurements as well as an understanding of all manner of SWT troubleshooting.
- Must be capable of navigating/utilizing HMS, iLearn and Competency sites on HalWorld.
- Must have successfully passed company tests or met task guideline requirements.
- Skilled at planning and organizing jobs. Ability to communicate with team and customer to affect knowledge transfer relate to job plans, calculations, well parameters, specific hazards, environmental issues, quality service, equipment, etc. related to the job.
- Ability to discuss future work opportunities with customer required.
- Must be able to explain the local HMS process for Prepare Resources. Must be able to use Correction, Prevention and Improvement (CPI) System to document problems encountered or ideas for improvement.
- Must have completed supervisory training.
- Math and computer skills required.
- Work Schedule: 40 Open
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Service Supervisor I, Service Supervisor II or Service Supervisor III - Surface Well Testing
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
1029 Maurice Rd, Broussard, Louisiana, 70518-8030, United States
Requisition Number: 78500
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Testing and Subsea
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.