Skills: Editor, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE Company is currently hiring for a Web Content Writer based in Houston, TX.
The Web Content Writer will be responsible for producing a variety of written content optimized for web consumption. He/she will create new content, re-write existing content and develop new ideas for engaging web content. This person will work closely with the product marketing & commercialization leads and with product line subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop technically accurate content that is positioned for the target market in alignment with defined value propositions and message goals.
The Web Content Writer will be the SME in best practices for web content writing and will be responsible for ensuring content consistently meets these standards. He/she will develop and communicate best practices for SEO optimization of written content.
- Write new, and edit existing, web content for OFS product lines, products and services
- Interview product line SMEs and conduct necessary research to develop relevant and accurate written content
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the OFS products and services portfolio
- Align content with the company style guide requirements
- Develop best practices for SEO application in written web content
- Monitor web content performance statistics and provide recommendations
- Develop strong relationships with the product marketing and commercialization leads
- Degree in Journalism, English or Communication
- 5+ years' experience in a related field
- Knowledge of the oil and gas service industry and related issues and concerns
- Detail-oriented and an analytical mindset
- The ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly
- Demonstrated SEO knowledge and application to web writing
- Experience with digital content management systems
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Ability to collaborate with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and self-directed approach to tasks
- Positive problem-solving attitude
- B2B marketing experience in oil and gas (preferred) or technical field
- Knowledge of BHGE and OFS (Oilfield Services)
- Established relationships within the company (preferred)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more