Baker Hughes, a GE company is currently hiring a Canadian Payroll and Benefits Service Delivery Specialist based in Houston, Texas.
Reporting to the Payroll and Benefits Team Leader - Payroll, this position will assist with implementations, acquisitions, and special projects and other duties as assigned.
The Canadian Payroll and Benefits Service Delivery Specialist will be responsible for all payroll-related processing and accounting for employees in Canada in SAP. This individual will own the Canadian payroll process for two Payroll areas.Essential Responsibilities:
- Collect and process all pay-related data in the payroll system while ensuring data integrity.
- Ensure accuracy by auditing entries and pay results
- Respond to employee inquiries and resolve issues through call center rotation.
- Process gross-to-net payroll and review reports for accuracy
- Handle direct deposit and positive pay file transmissions
- Handle wage garnishments in accordance to Federal and Provincial laws
- Handle special projects, as assigned
- Vacation entitlement & usage report (Quarterly to chiefs) This report shows carry-over, current year entitlement, and vacation purchased along with what has been taken
- Employee compensation to FP&A for employees loaned out for rebilling purposes
- Stats Canada payroll reporting (monthly)
- Adhoc reports to Directors
- Annual reporting of loaned labor income earned while out of country for PWC and income tax remittances
- Cash plan reporting
- Adhoc reports to the HR team on overtime paid or other compensation paid when employees complain
- Load IT15 for Pay Group C2 Benefit expense as provided by Canada Benefits
- Reconcile time off balances and reports
- Strive for continuous improvement to payroll processes
- Recommend changes in Payroll policies and procedures to continue to improve inefficiencies with the department.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies and irregularities.
- Support audits as necessary-Internal, external and corporate
- Responsible for all integrations (WorkDay)
- Other duties as requested.
- Canadian Payroll Processing Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (Business) or equivalent years of experience (10 years)
- SAP Experience
- 5+ years of experience in Canadian payroll administration activities is required
- Knowledge of financial processes involving payroll: legal regulations, interactions with general ledger and reconciliation processes.
- Experience with automated and integrated payroll tax processing systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good customer service skills.
- Able to function well in team open environment
- Detail oriented
- Bachelor's Degree is a plus
- Workday experience/knowledge preferred
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more