Baker Hughes, a GE company is currently hiring a Canada Tax - Payroll and Benefits Service Delivery Specialist based in Houston, Texas.
Reporting to the Payroll and Benefits Team Leader -Tax, this position will assist with implementations, acquisitions, and special projects and other duties as assigned.Essential Responsibilities:
- Ensure federal and provincial tax compliance with ADP and all authoritative bodies.
- Review quarterly/annual wage and tax reports for accuracy, correcting employee wages and/or taxes or adjustment payrolls and previewing T-4s to ensure they are correct.
- WCB Reporting
- Monthly, quarterly, annual reporting for WCB, EHT, HAPSET, worksafe reporting and payment remitting
- External Audits (CRA, WCB)
- Prepare all Provincial workers compensation board's monthly, quarterly and annual reports and remittances.
- Provide journal entry files to Accounting. This includes identifying inconsistencies and reconciling payroll accounts to minimize adjustments at month-end or year-end.
- Provide payroll reports on an as-needed bases using ADP or SAP
- Special payroll accounting projects as needed.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies and irregularities.
- Support audits as necessary-Internal, external and corporate
- Responsible for all integrations (Workday, ADP)
- Other duties as requested.
- Canadian Payroll tax experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- SAP Experience
- ADP Experience
- 5+ years' experience with automated Tax processing systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good customer service skills.
- Able to function well in team open environment
- Detail oriented
- Workday experience/knowledge preferred
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more