Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Commercial Management, Student / Recent Grad
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The intern experience will provide opportunities to develop the fundamental skills & knowledge related to the Oil & Gas business, specifically within its Commercial Operations function as well as relations with other key areas within the company. The Intern will work with the sales and commercial team on a variety of business related projects.
Essential Responsibilities:An intern works on projects related to a particular function depending on their prior coursework and degree program. Primary responsibilities include:
• Manage & track Deal Machine related opportunities, including data cleansing, data maintenance & the development of new operational rhythm metrics such as dashboards or reports.
• Develop analysis of the different trends, related to team's performance metrics, proposing a clear solution to a potential hurdle or roadblock.
• Research on relevant business information on a periodic basis.
• Consolidation & standardization of team metrics.
• Support the work of team leaders & their daily operations.
• Develops PowerPoint presentations & other graphic presentations to communicate progress, share best practices, or to provide updates.
• May be asked to participate in early talent events, seminars or trainings.Qualifications/Requirements:• Current enrollment in an Engineering degree program that will lead to a bachelor's degree ideally in 4th to 5th semester
• Fluent in English.
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
• Effective time management & organizational skills; able to balance multiple priorities.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communications skills.
Desired Characteristics:• Ideally student coursing 6th or 7th semester of academic bachelor's degree (1.5 to 2 years apart from graduation).
• Knowledge of the oil and gas industry or willingness to learn about the oil and gas industry.
• Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
• Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues, create solutions and meet deadlines.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse team across different time zones.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more