The purpose of this role is to manage risk identification: model & portfolio assumptions and market inputs, pricing issues, and drive understanding of the design and utilization of Value at Risk, Stress Testing, and Scenario Analysis for the Products business in Rotterdam. This role will also identify, develop, and implement systems efficiencies and reporting capabilities for the risk books, partnering with other Products team members to align best practices across the Global Products business. This role will report into the STR/STASCO Market Risk Products Manager and also supporting other Products businesses outside Rotterdam where applicable. Purpose/Accountabilities
- The Senior Products Market Risk Analyst is responsible for ensuring that day to day risk management activities surrounding the STR T&S Products organization are executed in a controlled and professional manner including:
- Ensuring all trading activities remain within mandated exposure and risk limits.
- Ensuring all exposures are properly recorded using established fair value methodologies.
- Ensuring a daily commentary is produced analyzing daily/monthly P&L performance.
- The role is expected to have Market Risk oversight over the T&S Products Bio-Fuels business, specifically in ensuring there is appropriate control and understanding on the identification, valuation and exposure reporting of Bio-Fuels and associated tickets/credits.
- Working closely with the Credit and Enterprise Risk teams to ensure trading risks and returns are fully understood, captured and challenged where necessary. This will also include longer term risks, inherent in contracts such as, but not limited to, storage, pipelines, time-charters.
- The role works closely with risk leads for all parts of the risk management spectrum including a significant Shell Business Operations component. The incumbent is tasked with ensuring that the STR T&S Products business is widely understood and that any changes to it or the supporting risk management framework are communicated properly to all stakeholders.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Accounting, Engineering or IT
- Strong business analysis skills, modelling capabilities, research and problem-solving skills, computer skills, technologically oriented
- Self-starter, highly motivated, results oriented, manage own work with limited supervision
- Team player, good interpersonal skills flexible to work across numerous time zones with both Market Risk teams in other locations, but equally the Shell Business Operations Centre in India.
- Reliable and dependable
- Innovative and creative, excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Continuous improvement mindset, utilizing tools to streamline and automate tasks
- Understanding of trading, operations, risk and mid/back office business processes, policies, procedures and controls an advantage
- Awareness of trading influences, deal structures and types, interpreting positions, P&L, market to market, trading reporting regulations, financial and management reporting, position reporting, and financial analysis
- Capable of being independent from front office; able to objectively analyze and report risks and exposures
- This is a role for a person who brings diversity of thought, who is not afraid to speak up and who is comfortable challenging senior stakeholders.
- Experience energy trading risk management systems an advantage.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.