The Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer
resides within the Engineering Department's Mechanical Equipment Team (MET) and reports to the MET Manager. The primary function of the Rotating Equipment Engineer is to serve as the Engineering Technical Assurance single-point-of-contact for rotating equipment design, operation and maintenance within their assigned production area. The Rotating Equipment Engineer shall possess a "can do" attitude, be a self-starter with the capacity to quickly assess conditions, engage others, use applicable engineering standards, provide clear communications to stakeholders and lead resolution, in the spirit of driving reliability advancements at Geismar.
As a Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer, you are expected to do the following:
- Foster a "goal zero" Safety and Environmental performance "mindset" as it relates to rotating equipment systems. Focus and drive LOPC incident reduction and demonstrate a commitment to reduce rotating equipment operational and maintenance safety risks
- Strictly follow Shell's MOC processes/procedures to implement "change". The Rotating Equipment Engineer will be called upon to lead and implement "change" on consistent basis, as equipment improvements frequently necessitate some form of "change". Serve as a MOC "steward" when carrying out these changes
- Demonstrate a strong appreciation for referencing, interpreting, and applying DEPs, ASME, API, and other applicable standards
- Stay abreast of new emerging technologies that positively impact the rotating equipment industry and strive to apply these technologies at Geismar
- Advance Rotating Equipment Mean Time Between Repair (MTBR) performance improvements through focused efforts on "bad actors" with emphasis on pumps and mechanical seal systems
- Lead and/or participate in structured analysis processes such as RCA, 5 CRQ, Bad Actors Elimination, Risk Assessments, and Solution Development. Conduct failure analysis and problem solving of major rotating equipment problems. These issues are often initially identified as machinery problems but may involve complex systems evaluations. Recognize when it is necessary to branch out and seek assistance from other disciplines
- Leverage Predictive Condition Monitoring as part of SMART M driven by "Find Small-Fix Small" mindset. Expand upon and apply existing PdM platforms such as vibration monitoring, compressor performance monitoring, lube oil condition monitoring, infrared thermography and Operator Task Management (OTM) to identify, analyze, predict and solve.
- Serve as a "champion" for strict adherence to the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) process by actively participating in RCM Studies, RCM Living Program Reviews and seeking other opportunities to build a more robust program
- Provide technical input for optimizing rotating equipment ESP limits. Report and mitigate operation of rotating equipment in cases of design operating window exceedance
- Conduct monthly Rotating Equipment OTM rounds with Operation Technicians as an opportunity to learn obstacles faced by Operation Technicians while performing basic equipment care functions, as well to teach and foster best practices
- Implement LEAN Visual Controls at rotating equipment and auxiliary systems to assure on-spot data availability for Operation Technicians in effort to drive an increase in equipment surveillance
- Develop maintenance/overhaul plans for large and complex rotating equipment trains, including detailed scopes of work, documentation packages and quality plans. Support execution of large rotating equipment trains during PM and T/A events. Inspect and assure compliance for all parameters of established repair/installation hold points. Conduct run test prior to handover to Operations
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Shall have Bachelor's Degree in Engineering: Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum seven (7) years' rotating equipment engineering/maintenance experience in petrochemical or oil & gas industry.
- Skilled in application of the various rotating equipment standards, DEPs, ASME, API, and other applicable standards.
- Knowledge in the application of rotating equipment performance and condition monitoring methods.
- Skilled in the application of rotating equipment troubleshooting and reliability improvement process.
- Hands on experience in the troubleshooting and repair of Reciprocating and centrifugal compressors, Steam turbine drivers, Electrical motor drivers, Single stage and multi-stage centrifugal pumps, Canned motor pumps, Positive displacement plunger and injection pumps, Process propeller mixers, Gearboxes, Air cooler exchanger fans, furnace and boiler blowers, and conveyors
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.