Skills: Project Management, Drilling Superintendent
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Project Superintendent will focus on the planning and execution of the classification society and regulatory required inspections in the drilling Industry. Shipboard Technical Services will combine topside and subsea capabilities to meet the needs of the offshore drilling industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing a project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources at various phases of project.
- Leads offshore teams consisting of ROV, diving and Asset Integrity technicians.
- Manages and directs personnel and subcontractors in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of projects.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel, inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve problems and improve methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to IACS specifications and the adherence to project schedules.
- Develops efficient repair methods and evaluates/selects quality sub-contractors.
- Monitors technical problems, major defects and follows up until corrective action is verified.
- Prepares project reports for management which includes monthly reports, status, financial and forecast, along with delivering all appropriate customer reports as outlined in contract and required to fully communicate status, change management and issues.
- Serves as principle HSE agent on vessel for Oceaneering activities.
- Consults with supervisory personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
- Ensures all procedures are adhered to and complies with International safety management (ISM), classification society rules, and Maritime insurance.
- Keeps abreast of the statutory and class regulations and standards.
- Maintains all completed paperwork and required documents.
- This position will have supervisory responsibilities for offshore personnel and roles.
- This position has No direct HR reports, but directs and oversees the work of different OII divisions, superintendents, riggers and 3 rd party laborers offshore.
- Three (3) years of previous experience working in shipping industry or operational drilling.
- Familiar with classification society guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to obtain:
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC).
- GulfSafe training.
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) and Water Survival Training.
- Valid Passport.
- 2nd Mate or 2 nd Assistant Engineer License or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with ROV's.
- Previous experience working in diving.
This position is considered 60% OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows:
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
This position is considered 40% OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows:
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glares.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lifts 20-50 pounds.
- Works in confined spaces, kneels, jumps, runs, and works while lying on stomach/back, crawls, and uses repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identifies color differences.
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Lifts 10-25 pounds.
- Climbs stairs/ladders, stands, balances, stoops, squats, reaches, and lifts/carries objects.
- Twists body, sits with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and works with arms extended overhead.
- Operates a motor vehicle.
- Lifts up to 10 pounds.
- Wears PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.